What is creativity? Creativity is when something unique is created. It is also the ability to create something new from the familiar, to solve problems in extraordinary ways.
It is believed that creative abilities need to be developed only by those people whose activities are related to art. In fact, this is far from the case. Creativity is essential for any activity. Creative thinking helps you get out of difficult situations, stand out from others and achieve more in life. But does everyone have this ability?
Scientists believe that every person has innate inclinations of creative abilities, you just need to develop them correctly.
Here are some tips on how to raise a creative child.
one. Instill in your child a love of reading. Reading not only expands the child’s mental horizons, but also provides access to new information and experiences that can interest, captivate and awaken in him a craving for creativity.
2. Introduce your child to literature, music and art. Studying the creativity of talented people will inspire the child to create their own unique works.
3. Expand your child’s horizons. The child needs a supply of «raw» material from which he can create. Learn something new, visit new places. One thing is important: for the child to be interested, if something bores the baby, leave it.
four. Keep your child’s interest. If your child is passionate about something, try to support him in this. Show interest in his activities, discuss topics of interest to him.
5. Approve your child’s interest or passion for something even if it seems to you that the child is doing useless work. Do not forget — this is what your child is interested in, which means it has a beneficial effect on his imagination and the development of creative abilities. What at first glance seems insignificant can grow into something big and important. For example, a child’s passion for superhero figurines can develop into a writing activity or into a robotics profession.
6. Offer a wide range of materials and tools. The toys, tools and materials that children see around them make a deep impression on them. To encourage them to be creative, make sure they have as many materials as possible for drawing, sculpting, constructing, and other forms of creativity.
7. Give your child space to complete their projects. Sometimes the creative process requires a place where you can sit in silence, or even alone. And sometimes the result of the creative process can be a mess.
eight. Let your child be bored. Sometimes the most interesting ideas and solutions come to a person just when he is not busy with anything.
9. Stimulate the child’s imagination. Ask him questions such as «What happens if …», «How best to do …» and so on. Even if your child’s answers seem a little crazy to you, take them seriously.
ten. Try not to put your child in conditions that inhibit the development of creative abilities.
eleven. Don’t judge the quality of a child’s creation. Remember that a child does not create to please you or anyone else. He creates because he likes it first of all. Let him express himself the way he wants. If the child asks for your opinion about his work, indicate what you like about it, what is unique about it, but in no case criticize.
12. Praise your child. Do not forget to praise not only the work, but also the child himself.
13. Create together. From time to time, invite your child to do joint creativity. This will give the child pleasure. In addition, joint work will allow you to guide the child, correct his actions if necessary.
fourteen. Encourage your child to participate in competitions and conteststhat are related to what interests him — but emphasize that the main thing in such events is to enjoy participation and experience.
fifteen. Teach your child not to be afraid of mistakes. Fear is the enemy of creativity. Teach your child to recognize their fears and overcome them. Teach your child not to be afraid of mistakes, because there are no restrictions and strict limits in creativity.
16. Teach your child to express their feelings and emotions — this will help him in the creation of works of art.
17. Give your child complete freedom. Let him use all the forms of self-expression at his disposal: drawing, writing, design, modeling, dance, sports, singing, gardening, poetry, theater.