Snacks and sweets are a pleasant element of any table. And the larger the company, the more various snacks are needed. Serving them is not always convenient, because each type of treat requires its own dishes. The table is cluttered with plates and saucers by the middle of the evening. But there is an element of utensils for a beautiful and compact presentation. It will be discussed in our article.
What is a menager?
From the French «melanger» — to combine; «ménage» — to arrange, to manage
The bowl is a large plate divided by low partitions into several sections. It serves to serve various dishes and snacks on one dish. At the same time, different products do not come into contact with each other, and the tastes do not mix.
Menazhnitsy appeared in everyday life for a very long time, only earlier they were called «cabarets». Their popularity peaked in the 19th and early 20th centuries. In those days, elaborate forms made of crystal or porcelain, decorated with monograms, were in fashion.
The modern manazhnitsa is almost the same as the cabaret of the past. But now the world is more valued practicality and reliability. Of course, you can find and buy serving plates like old beauties. But the ratio of price and quality tips the scales towards other materials.
Benefits of a menager
- Original table decoration, suitable for a variety of situations
- Save space on the table and ease of serving
- Separation of different products and easy changeover
What are the popular styles right now?
A few years ago, plastic cups were popular. They were relatively cheap and had many different shapes and colors. One of their main advantages was that some models included a tight lid, which allowed not only serving the table, but also carrying products, for example, to work or on a long journey in a compact package.
But the desire of a person to get away from harmful substances that destroy the environment, to things made from environmentally friendly materials, makes today the most popular, of course, cabinets made of various types of wood. Such dishes have only some restrictions on use. Compliance with a short list of rules will allow you to use wooden utensils for a long time. But dishes from this material will look equally advantageous both at friendly gatherings and at the reception of important guests.
Let’s take a look at the example of a cup holder from the Rich Cat company. The model has a round shape — perhaps the most versatile option that will fit into any serving. A large diameter of 29 cm will accommodate a snack for a romantic evening, as well as for a large and noisy company. The number of sections — four + a round niche in the center — is the golden mean among the various options. Fewer sections reduce the number of possible snacks, and more sections reduce the number of servings too much.
The Rich Cat drawer is made of natural solid beech wood. It is made without transverse gluing, which makes it more reliable and durable in comparison with analogues. During production, the mat is impregnated with mineral oils to obtain a water-repellent effect. These oils are made from natural products, so they are safe for food and do not leave their own smell or taste.
How to use a wooden box?
- Dinner for two. The bowl is suitable for serving fruit and cheese. It has enough space for a couple of glasses of wine or champagne. And a candle will fit perfectly into the middle section to create a romantic atmosphere.
- Friendly company. The diameter of the dish will allow you to serve snacks for a large company. Chips, crackers, nuts and other snacks will fit easily. Or you can spread out a large set of sushi to serve it on a beautiful dish, rather than in a standard package.
- Breakfast in bed. A cup of coffee and a couple of croissants for a loved one on his holiday? There is nothing easier! But you can pamper your loved ones without a reason!
- Cutting board. The reverse side of the cutter has a smooth surface, so it will serve for cutting vegetables and other products. Solid beech, from which the dish is made, will cope with this task.
- Picnic in nature. Lightweight and durable, you can take it with you for outdoor recreation. Covering a small meal right on the grass will be easy.
Here are just a few of the situations in which you can use the toaster. Its use is limited only by the imagination. The large size and durable material make it a versatile companion for a variety of moments.
How to care for wooden utensils?
In order for a wooden dish to serve you as long as possible, you need to follow just a few simple rules.
After use, simply wipe it with a damp sponge. The mineral oil that the dish is impregnated with will protect the material from absorbing odors. You can also rinse the dishes under water, but do not leave them in the water for a long time. And it is completely unacceptable to wash it in the dishwasher.
It is best to serve dry foods that do not release moisture or fat on a plate. Otherwise, lay down food paper so that the plate does not get soaked.
It is strictly forbidden to use such utensils in a microwave oven.
It is recommended to impregnate wooden utensils with oil about once every one to two months. This will preserve the appearance of your utensils, protect against fungi and bacteria, and also significantly extend the service life. Woodworkers recommend using linseed oil, but any edible oil that is easy to buy in modern stores will do. Soaking the plate is also not at all difficult: to do this, apply the oil in a thin, even layer and just leave it overnight so that it has time to be absorbed.
A wooden bowl is an appropriate and harmonious item in any kitchen. The environmental friendliness of the material and ease of care make it also a good holiday gift for both men and women.
We wish you pleasant feasts and good mood!