Niacinamide or nicotinamide (you may see this name on cream jars) is a form of water-soluble vitamin B3.
It is very important for skin health: its deficiency in the body causes dryness and flaking of the skin, itching, increased sensitivity to the sun. Niacinamide products are suitable for all skin types, even sensitive ones.
Cosmetologists note the following effects of niacinamide on the skin:
* Reduces pigmentation and evens out skin tone;
* Regulates the production of sebum, therefore, it is indicated for use by owners of oily skin, will serve as a preventive measure for the appearance of acne;
* Relieves itching and helps to alleviate the condition of the skin with dermatitis; thanks to this action, it is found even in atopic cosmetics.
* Has antimicrobial activity.
* And even works as a photoprotector, that is, it protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation — although it does not cancel the use of sunscreens in sunny weather.