The sole is one of the most important components of footwear, which determines its durability and has a great influence on the health of a person’s feet. That is why the sole materials must be durable and of high quality. One of the advanced materials is natural cork. In our production, we use natural cork made from Spanish oak bark. Spain and Portugal account for 60% of the world’s cork forests.
But what is so special about the cork sole?!
Let’s figure it out.
- Cork tree bark is processed to the smallest crumb, then carefully processed using high temperatures. Due to its natural origin, cork does not emit harmful substances into the environment.
- The material is porous, elastic and light in weight. Long retains the original appearance of shoes.
- Cork is eco-friendly and hypoallergenic.
- It has water and gas repellent properties, therefore, when used in a humid environment, it does not rot and prevents the formation of fungus.
- Neutralizes odor. The porous structure promotes air circulation and prevents the appearance of an unpleasant odor.
- Has shock-absorbing properties. Reduces shock loads on the spine and joints.
- Due to elasticity, over time, repeats the individual structure of the foot, thereby minimizing fatigue during the day.
Today, cork soles are widely used for summer shoes (for example, Birkenstock sandals, which are popular not for the first season) and special shoes that are used for orthopedic correction, maintaining foot health and preventing the occurrence of diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Natural cork is always the right solution!
Take care of your feet by choosing quality and convenience!