Did you know that the average life cycle of skin cells is only four weeks? What happens to old cells? Healthy skin usually sheds dead skin on its own. But unfavorable environmental conditions, hormonal disorders and harmful UV rays slow down the natural renewal process. As a result, the skin looks dull and sluggish, the pores become clogged, inflammation appears. Familiar story? Then your skin needs a little help! A Korean peeling roll for the face will help to gently cleanse it of keratinized particles and restore a healthy glow. What is a peeling roll, how to use it and which one to choose? We tell.
Peeling roll — aka peeling gel
Koreans came up with an unusual remedy for gentle exfoliation of the skin. In general, many people associate Korean cosmetics with peeling with rolling particles. Manufacturers call it «peeling gel», but in Russia the popular name — «skatka» has taken root more.
Korean peeling roll is a special way to cleanse the skin. The tool exfoliates dead skin flakes and at the same time acts very delicately, because it does not contain traumatic abrasive particles, unlike a scrub. For this reason, many owners of thin, inflamed, dry and sensitive skin love this product.
How does facial peeling work?
The product is based on the dual principle of skin cleansing.
- Firstly, the composition of the peeling roll includes natural acids: fruit, salicylic, lactic and others. They delicately dissolve dead skin cells of the epidermis (keratinocytes).
- Next, microcellulose particles come into play. Rolling into those very famous pellets, they capture old skin particles along with other impurities.
Many people think that the spools that appear during the process of facial massage with peeling roll are dead skin flakes. Actually it is not. Cellulose fibers (acrylates), which are usually included in the product, have the ability to roll. And fats on the skin (sebum) enhance this ability.
Peeling roll: how to use
How to use peeling with rolling particles?
- Korean peeling roll is a means of additional cleansing. Therefore, it is applied to a clean face, like other peels or scrubs. If you apply a roll on dirty skin, there is a high probability that the desired effect will not be achieved, and you will simply “roll” the rest of the make-up along with other impurities on the skin.
- It is better to apply the roll on dry skin of the face with dry hands. Water reduces friction. Apply the product on your face and make gentle circular movements with your hands along the massage lines until you roll up the entire peeling. Then just rinse your face.
- Peeling roll is considered a mild cleanser, but it is still not recommended to use it every day. For oily skin, the exfoliation procedure can be performed 1-2 times a week. For dry and sensitive — 1 time in 1-1.5 weeks.
- As after using a regular peel, it is recommended to use sunscreen cosmetics after rolling.