What is eco-leather and how does it differ from natural material?
Work on the creation of this material began back in 1963, when American scientists were tasked with creating an artificial material that, in terms of its characteristics, did not differ from natural material, and at the same time should be cheaper.
The production of this material is based on the principle of manufacturing leatherette. However, it uses environmentally friendly raw materials. Eco-leather is based on cotton fabric, which is coated with polyurethane. Due to this, eco-leather contains no harmful components and substances with an unpleasant odor, which are characteristic of other leather substitutes.
Features and benefits of eco-leather
Among the main advantages of this material are:
1. Externally, eco-leather is no different from natural. In some cases, to distinguish them, you need to look at the wrong side.
2. The use of material has saved thousands of animal lives.
3. Due to the fact that the production of eco-leather allows you to make matter of any size, it has become very popular in the manufacture of furniture and other large-sized products that require large, whole pieces of leather fabric.
4. The polyurethane used for the manufacture of the material has a large number of pores, which allows the eco-leather to “breathe”, passing air freely.
5.During production, any color can be made.
6. Possesses high frost resistance.
7. The material is resistant to high temperatures and sunlight. Therefore, products from it do not deteriorate and do not fade, even when under the open sun.
8. Eco-leather is quite supple, elastic and easy to use. It is easy to cut, cut and sew from it.
9.The material is practical and durable.
10. Eco-leather is resistant to abrasion and other mechanical damage.
11. Does not contain allergens and does not cause negative reactions from the body.
12. Comparatively low price, unlike natural material.
Comparison with genuine leather
Some people are skeptical about various artificial materials. So what are their similarities and differences?
1. Both fabrics are pleasant to the touch. But, if you sit on furniture covered with natural material, then open parts of the body may sweat, which is not observed when touching eco-leather.
2. For some, natural material is an allergen, while eco-leather is completely hypoallergenic and safe.
3. The breathability of an artificial material is several times higher than that of a natural material, which is often covered with acrylic emulsions.
How to take care of the material
In order for a product made of eco-leather to serve you as long as possible, you need to properly care for it:
1. To clean dirt from its surface, it is better to choose soft tissues. If there are hard-to-remove stains on the product, they can be treated with an alcohol solution, for which alcohol is diluted with water in a ratio of 1 to 1.
2. A product made of eco-leather will last longer if it is regularly treated with water-repellent agents.
3. For cleaning products, it is forbidden to use products that contain chlorine or abrasive particles.
4. After cleaning the eco-leather, wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
Wallets/wallets/clutches made of eco-leather have an attractive appearance, are practical and at the same time are much cheaper than analogues made of natural material.