What should a young mother pay attention to when choosing diapers?
Every parent wants to find diapers for their child that are 100% safe, keep dry and allow babies to explore the world. No wonder manufacturers around the world are constantly working to improve this irreplaceable hygiene product.
Panty diapers are divided into several types: for girls, for boys and universal. They differ from each other in the location of the absorbent layer. But at the moment, universal models are becoming increasingly popular, in which the absorbing adsorbent layer is uniformly located throughout the entire absorption zone.
There are also options for older children. Panty diapers are recommended for babies who are already actively crawling or walking. Particular attention is paid to elasticity: the new gusset is very soft and conforms to every movement of the baby, and special grooves allow you to quickly absorb moisture. The child gets absolute freedom of movement without sacrificing dryness and comfort. The brand also took care of the design of the product, made in pleasant pastel colors.
How do diaper panties work and what are they made of?
All diapers consist of three layers:
• The first layer freely passes moisture and directly adjoins to skin of the child.
The soft, non-cotton top layer hugs baby’s skin, while the stretchy side zippers provide a comfortable fit. The layer perfectly absorbs and locks moisture up to 12 hours. And the moisture indicator will tell you when it’s time to change the diaper.
• The second layer (absorbent layer) contains cellulose or a special superabsorbent (in advanced models — a gel-forming material) that retains moisture.
The internal absorbent layer with pearl microgranules contributes to the complete absorption and uniform distribution of moisture, so that between the legs there will be no lump that interferes with movement.
● The third layer consists of a special synthetic moisture-resistant material. The outer layer protects clothing and fixes the diaper itself with Velcro or fasteners.
The extra layer helps evenly distribute moisture inside the diaper. Pay attention to the distinctive feature of the product — to remove moist air from the diaper. This eliminates the risk of diaper rash and irritation, and the baby remains completely dry. Thanks to the special equipment of the «air» channels, the air circulates freely inside the diaper, ventilating it. We use a well-designed blend of fibers that wick moisture to the center of the diaper and keep it in place, preventing bacteria from growing.
What is superabsorbent, polyester, elastane?
Superabsorbent is a polymeric material that is able to absorb and retain liquid several times its own weight. Superabsorbent polymers are based on acrylic acid and its salts polymerized in solution or suspension. LG Chem superabsorbents are made from sodium polyacrylate in the form of granules.
Cellulose is a moisture-absorbing material of natural origin. Fibrous white or gray substance, odorless and tasteless, insoluble in water or organic solvents.
Polyester helps to evenly distribute moisture in the diaper. This material is also widely used in sportswear.
Gel-forming substances are natural materials of plant or animal origin that are able to form colloidal systems (hydrosols) with water and thicken, turning into elastic jellies (gels).
Elastane is an elastic fiber found in many fabrics. He must have been in the clothes that you wore during pregnancy! This material holds the diaper in the correct position, helps it adapt to the movements of the baby, while preventing leakage without leaving marks on the skin.
Because we strive to make our diapers and panties completely safe, there are a number of ingredients that we never use in our products:
● Natural latex and rubber, which may cause allergies.
● Preservatives: methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one or chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, formaldehyde or formaldehyde releasing agents, parabens, quaternary ammonium compounds (QA), triclocarban or triclosan.
● Bisphenol A (BPA), dioxins, spray dyes, elemental chlorine, ethanol, heavy metals (such as lead and mercury), organotin compounds, parabens, pesticides, phenol, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs).
Among the advantages of the line are:
● Superabsorbent that instantly turns liquid into a gel and locks it inside for up to 12 hours;
● Air channel technology for greater protection against chafing and irritation on baby’s delicate skin;
● Special wavy layer that securely holds even loose stools and prevents leakage;
● Super elastic waistband and sidewalls that allow the child to feel comfortable both at night and during the day during active games;
● Uniform distribution of liquid over the surface of the absorbent layer, which prevents the appearance of an uncomfortable lump between the legs;
● Quality alternative offer at an attractive price;
● Medium+ price segment;
● Japanese quality.
We will be glad if our article will help you decide on the choice of diapers!
And if you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments! We will try to answer them.