Choosing a gift for graduation in kindergarten is not an easy task. The parent committee needs to work hard to please every child and at the same time not hit the wallet too hard.
How to choose a gift?
Here are a few criteria to consider when choosing:
- The surprise should bring positive emotions so that the future first-grader can remember this day, feel the solemnity of the moment
- You should not be guided by the principle «the more expensive the better.» It is more important that the present was chosen with love.
- Safety and quality. The presentation must be made of safe materials. When it comes to toys, it is better to avoid models made of cheap plastic. The donated item must be reliable and durable — if it falls apart in a week, the graduate is unlikely to remember the gift for a long time.
What can not be given for graduation in kindergarten?
First of all, you should not be guided only by what you consider useful and correct. Here’s what you definitely shouldn’t buy for graduation:
- Dangerous toys. This includes folding knives, pistols with plastic bullets.
- Chinese fakes. The Chinese often fake toys of popular brands. The quality of such toys leaves much to be desired, and outwardly they can differ significantly from the original.
- Small office. Pens, notebooks, pencils will soon come in handy for future first graders, but this, as a rule, does not bring much joy.
- Cosmetics. It is better for girls not to give cosmetics, even for children. Firstly, for 6-7 years old it is not yet particularly interesting, and secondly, the child may develop an allergy.
List of best gifts
Good memorable gifts for graduation in kindergarten can perform different functions. Some will emphasize the transition to a new status of a schoolboy, others will allow you to stay a little longer, others will give you unforgettable emotions. So, we tell you what you can give children for graduation.
- counting material. These can be unusual scores, cards with clothespins and tasks, a game set with miniature counting figures. So the preschooler will be able to master the count in the form of a game and consolidate this skill.
- Wooden constructors. A large set with cubes, blocks, cylinders, wooden pyramids will give a lot of new impressions and ideas for games. Games with a designer develop fine motor skills necessary for writing, spatial thinking.
- Mosaics, puzzles, tangrams. These puzzle games require perseverance and attentiveness, two essential skills for a first grader.
- Geoboard. You need to stretch the rubber bands on the base board with short wooden pins, drawing letters, numbers, geometric shapes with their help. The game trains logic, memory, fine motor skills, perseverance.
- Desktop, flip calendars. They will help the future student to navigate the days of the week, remember the names of the months, and also count the days to important dates for him.
- Watch. With the help of them, the child will remember and understand the principle of the hour and minute hands. And how much joy will bring the imitation of a real watch and the ability to set the time yourself.
I would like to pay special attention to children’s desktop calendar-clocks.
It is vital for preschool children to learn to navigate in time themselves: determine, measure time (correctly denoting in speech, feel its duration (in order to regulate and plan activities in time, change the pace and rhythm of their actions depending on the availability of time. Ability to regulate and plan activities in time creates the basis for the development of such personality traits as organization, composure, purposefulness, accuracy, necessary for the child when studying at school and in everyday life.
Time cannot be touched, seen, heard, tasted, so babies do not feel it. The task of parents is to help the child master this complex concept. Be patient and do some prep work. Children begin to understand a topic after they have acquired certain skills — the ability to think abstractly and count well, usually by the age of six.
To quickly teach the child timeit is worth adhering to a certain algorithm:
- Whole hours. With them it is necessary to begin the first stage of training. The big hand is at 12 and the small hand shows the hour. The kid will become clearer if you attach a daily routine to learning. For example, at 7 — rise, 8 — breakfast, 9 — walk. Let the baby practice by completing tasks, show when he has dinner, goes to bed. At this stage, it is not worth emphasizing that the second circle of the arrow has a digital value (13,14,15), an explanation of «three o’clock in the afternoon», «three o’clock in the morning» is enough.
- Half, quarter of an hour. After explaining to the child what a half, a quarter of an hour is, how many minutes they contain, offer a workout with arrows.
- minutes. Using the watch as an example, we tell that there are 60 minutes on the dial in order to correctly find out their number, a person does not have to count the dashes. Each number corresponds to the number of minutes: «1» — 5, «2» — 10, «3» — 15. Invite the child to practice, determining the position of the minute hand, counting in fives.
- Second half of the day. The most difficult moment of training, which should be moved on after a solid mastering of the previous lessons. Often, children ask why there are 24 hours in a day, and 12 on the dial. In response, you need to tell that from 0 to 12 is the first half of the day, then the second begins, lasting until 24-00. You can count up to 12 or 24, remembering that the value of the numbers indicated by the hour hand in the second half increases by 12. Draw a circle with numbers from 13 to 24 and place it under the training dial. This way, children will be able to visually understand the material.
How to play Nature Calendar? You can start the morning by setting the date, and then mark the time and what day it was: sunny or rainy, it was warm and cold. The child will be drawn into this process with interest, and then he will learn to determine the features of the weather himself and mark them on the business board.
The calendar will teach observation, help to study different weather conditions, learn all the months, days of the week and time. At school without this knowledge in any way!